Unfortunately, the camera stops working on some phones after upgrading. We tested it on the Redmi Note 10, and according to reports, the new Xiaomi MIUI camera app doesn’t work also on the Redmi Note 10 Pro. Major Google Camera versions are usually released when Google releases a new device, but that seems to be changing as Google moves to multiple “feature updates” a year. Some of the new features can be used with the port on non-Google devices, while others can’t.
Stock Android eliminates the carrier-installed apps from your device, which provides some storage space for your own use. For example, Sony phones run close to the stock version of Android, but they change (reskins) the operating system to meet their specific design. Another example of Samsung’s Galaxy Note 10 and S10 phones that comes with a custom OS called as One UI.
This is why we have decided to recommend near-stock Android devices instead. The ASUS ZenFone 9 comes packed with a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor, up to a whopping 16GB of RAM, and as much as 256GB of storage. It also features an excellent 5.9-inch Super AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, an IP68 rating, and a 4,300mAh battery. The ASUS ROG Phone 6D Ultimate is a more capable version of the standard iteration. Most specs are actually the same, but the Ultimate edition comes with 16GB of RAM (no 12GB version) and 512GB of storage. Additionally, it has an added 2-inch screen in the rear and a motorized air vent for improved cooling.
- Pixel Experience is the best custom ROM for Android right now and I can draw out three reasons for that.
- It has a 12MP + 5MP dual rear camera and 8MP of front camera with battery capacity 3060mAh.
- Quality isn’t as good as regular GCam, but it works on phones with these limitations.
- For example http://www.repro-med.net/revamp-your-samsung-sm-t530-with-custom-firmware.html if your phone is installed with Oreo 8.0 when you bought it, then it is it’s stock ROM/firmware.
- We’ll go over the most popular and reliable ones down below.
- We are sharing a step by step guide to install Tecno Camon 11 Official Firmware.
Paranoid Android has long been regarded as the main project from which Google has brought over a lot of features, the biggest feature being the Ambient Mode, which was present in PA as Peek. Third, it has amazing stability among all the ROMs that I have tested for years. The main developer, Henrique Pereira, is not in a tearing hurry to port new Android versions to all the devices. The Android developer community is huge, with their biggest feat being the ability to develop custom ROMs or custom Android builds. A custom ROM is an aftermarket firmware production based on the Android source code provided by Google. So if you are someone who wants to install a custom ROM on your device but are confused about which one to go with, read on as we bring the 15 best custom ROMs for Android in 2023.